Ordinary glass can be prone to aging and damage due to hard water, soap, and humidity.
But ShowerGuard glass is a different kind of glass entirely. It’s protected against corrosion and discoloration with a patented ion beam process, permanently sealing the glass surface.
As a result, with just a minimal amount of cleaning using ordinary household products (see Cleaning Instructions below), ShowerGuard glass will look beautiful for years to come.
Best of all, ShowerGuard even comes with a 10-year Limited Warranty!
- ShowerGuard glass is warranted to the original consumer purchaser to be free from visible staining, corrosion, or discoloration for 10 years from the date of purchase when regularly maintained according to recommendations by Guardian Industries Corp.
- This warranty is void if the product is damaged by accident, improper use, or other causes, or if the product is altered in any way.
- To obtain coverage under this Limited Warranty, original end-user customers must register their purchases online at www.showerguardglass.com within 90 days of the purchase, except where state law prohibits requiring registration.
- Customers should retain a copy of the online purchase registration page along with their invoice.
General Cleaning Instructions
A soft cloth or wet sponge and most common household cleaners are all you need for periodic maintenance.
Suggested products for cleaning the ShowerGuard coated surface:
- Soft Scrub® Lemon Cleanser
- Scotch-Brite® No Scratch Sponge
Approved products for cleaning the ShowerGuard coated surface:
- Arm & Hammer® Clean Shower®
- Comet® Bathroom Cleaner with Disinfectant
- Fantastik® Antibacterial Heavy Duty Cleaner
- Invisible Glass® Premium Glass Cleaner
- Kaboom® Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner
- Lime-a-Way Bathroom Cleaner
- Lysol® Basin, Tub & Tile Cleaner
- Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser®
- Scrubbing Bubbles® Auto Shower Cleaner
- Soft Scrub® Lemon Cleanser
- Soft Scrub® with Bleach Cleanser
- Tilex® Fresh Shower®
- Tilex® Soap Scum Remover
- Vim® Cream Cleanser
- Vinegar, common household
Approved eco-friendly products for cleaning the ShowerGuard coated surface:
- Seventh Generation™ Shower Cleaner
- Clorox® GreenWorks® Natural Bathroom Cleaner
- Nature’s Source™ Natural Bathroom Cleaner
- Windex® Multi-Surface Vinegar
A clean water rinse should follow the use of any of these products. Please follow the manufacturer’s printed instructions for the products listed above. Note that some cleaning products may not be safe on uncoated glass surfaces, metal, tile, marble, brass or other materials.
- Immediately remove any construction/installation materials, such as concrete, silicone, paint, labels, or tape.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners (such as Ajax, Comet, rouge, cerium oxide).
- Hydrofluoric and phosphoric acid are corrosive to the coating and glass surfaces and should not be used.
- Do not use abrasive brushes, razor blades or other sharp objects which may scratch the coating or glass.